My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Algarve Town Selection
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 paris to london- day trip
- 6 Browsing Barcelona
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Portugal
- 18 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 19 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 25 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)