Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Italy Eurostar resevations - How far in advance?

Old May 16th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Fred

Taking the Eurostar from Rome to Venice on 07 June 2002. Will be in Rome for 5 days before that. How far in advance should I make reservations and buy tickets. Don't want to miss getting confirmed seats. Tried to make reservations and buy tickets thru the Trenetalia site but I cant register. Plan on buying the tickets from American Express in Rome. Won't be near Termini prior to last morning in Rome. Any help out there?

Old May 16th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Lucy

I used Euraide for my Eurail passes. Got my tickets very quickly and they were very helpful. They also made my reservations on my two Eurostar trips (Rome-Florence, Florence-Venice). You can find them @ www.euraide.com.

Old May 16th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Frank

Fred
I always tried to reserve 2 to 3 days ahead and never had a problem. Sometimes it's nice to get them earlier so you can not worry about it, so perhaps you should get the reservations your first day in Rome.

Old May 16th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Capo

We were in Italy this past April, when there probably weren't as many people as there will be in June, but we made our reservations on a Eurostar from Venice to Rome just one day in advance at the Venice train station.

No harm, however, in making them as early as possible. I have a hard time imagining that there won't be availability if you make you reservations from 3-5 days in advance.

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Paule

I was able to make reservations for the train in a travel agency when I arrived in Italy, which was much more convenient than actually going to the station and getting them. We got tickets a few days before for the same trip in July and had no problem with reservations.

Old May 17th, 2002, 09:02 AM
a--z

I'd do it on day 1 or 2 in Rome and get it out of the way.