Search

British airways flight rebooking question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British airways flight rebooking question

Hi

I am about to book 3 tickets from Atlanta (USA) to Nice (France) and I am wondering what British airways policy is, if for any reason we can't fly on our booked dates (Broken leg for example)?
Can I reschedule? Is there a fee? How long would we have to reschedule?
I was on British airways site (USA site) and searched their site but couldn't find the info. I did sent them an email just now but I know it might take a few days before they answer so I posted here too. I am eager to know as I want to book my trip.

Thanks a lot

Patrick
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
That is what travel insurance is for
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM

Hit post too soon . .

It does partly depend though on if you are flying full fare (probably not) or on some sort of discounted fare.
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM

I don't understand why you're asking this question.

Follow your booking through to the "Your price quote" page.

The cancellation rules are there, as clear as a pikestaff, and none of us have the faintest idea what conditions you've inputted.

So why waste time asking us when the site spells the answer out?
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM

PS: on a typical "cheapest possible" request to New York, it says:

"Changes
Time/date changes permitted at any time except on days of travel for a change fee of £ 70 or an upgrade fee of £ 70 plus any difference in fare. Changes subject to availability
If you want to cancel your flight
There are no refunds except for any government & airport taxes"

What could be clearer?
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM

Yes, depends on the booking class of your ticket and what the conditions are for amendment and cancellation. Cheapest fare is normally fixed itinerary with no changes allowed - you may get a refund on taxes and other charges if you cancel. Next lowest may allow changes for a supplement, and then the fully flexible fare which allows you to change reservation or cancel and get full refund.
Airlines sometimes allow a partial refund in the most compassionate cases, such as the death of a passenger. As stated, travel insurance should cover most cases of cancellation for unforeseen event, such as accident or illness.
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Ah - but that "any difference in fare" is the kicker.

Yes you <i>can</i> change/reschedule -- but the difference between a $650 advance purchase ticket and what might be a $1500+ walk-up fare - plus £70 . . . .

So yes you can, but in practice -- not so much . . . .
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Original Poster

Hi

janisj : I am flying full fare, it looks like I will have to buy travel insurance.Thanks

flanneruk: Why do you bother answering people and being so rude? Stay away from my post I don't need you.No thanks!

Alec: When I went all the way at the end of the booking it said something like there was no refund, but no mention of potential re booking.I don't want a refund, I want to know in case of a sudden illness if I could reschedule. Looks like I will have to purchase trip insurance. Thanks.

Thanks again

Patrick
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 03:38 AM

Hi,

I came into the UK for a short break and by the side a short course in Monitoring and Evaluation with INTRAC, but will have to likely come back to do it in February next year. I had scheduled to go back on the 4th of December, 2011. But right now I need to attend to some pressing issues way back in Nigeria. Pls may I request for a reschedule of flight to either 29th or 30th November, 2011.

Thanks,

Bukoye T. Adebisi
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM

The only one who can answer your question is the airline. If they have seats available I'm sure they will be very happy to sell them to you at full price - yes BIG $$$.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM

flanneruk.......i guess you don't have any experience in human relations??? i too want to find out if i can change a return date on British Airways (i haven't purchased it yet) but apparently this isn't the forum to find a nice answer~~
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM

Just curious - why revive an old thread from 2009 rather than asking the question directly on a new one?