Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Italy - Arrive Milan and Depart Turin, help with itinerary
Notices

Italy - Arrive Milan and Depart Turin, help with itinerary

Jul 17th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Italy - Arrive Milan and Depart Turin, help with itinerary

I have been reading forum posts for hours over multiple days and have picked up some ideas about sources for hotels and restaurants. I'm hoping for guidance on an itinerary. My husband and I are taking a trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We land at noon on the 3rd of September Milan (linate) and depart Turin (Torino) on the 10th of September. We are willing to drive. We have been to Italy before but not the Piedmonte area. We are eager to relax and wander the lovely towns we have read about and enjoy all of the wines that start with "B" that we love so well. I would be grateful for suggestions on itinerary/routes/timing for enjoying select towns and vineyards. Thanks for your generosity in helping out a fellow traveler.
Jul 17th, 2016, 08:05 PM

Not sure about wineries, but we were just in the area in May and were surprised at how we fell in love with Turin.

Try to save some time to explore the town and if you do--- don't miss our favorite restaurant of our month in Italy, Ristorante Galante. Delicious.
Jul 18th, 2016, 12:42 PM

We enjoyed Turin very much without a car, very walkable last December. On a previous trip, we stayed in Alba and visited such towns as Asti and Barbaresco. Many wineries available for tastings as walk-ins but you might want to contact those prior to your visit for a reservation or set up a winery tour via many of the wine tour services. Great area of Italy.

Search this Thread