Me and my husband are travelling for a week's vacation to Italy late Sept -early Oct. We will be flying in and out of Rome and got exactly 7 days there. I know it is too less a time but that's all we could squeeze in due to some other personal commitments. It is going to be our first time in Europe, which is making me super excited and equally nervous.
Please help us with recommendations for a 7 day itinerary. We do want to cover a bit of Switzerland since it is too gorgeous.
My tentative plan is to -
- Land in Rome and head via train to Swiss on Day 1 - Zurich/ Luzern or Geneva
Spend 4 days in Swiss
- Last 3 days in Rome - explore Rome city on 1 day and maybe take a day trip to Venice on one day.
Does this sound feasible? Can you suggest which Swiss city should I head to from Rome? I checked the trains and usually it takes 7-8 hours to most of these places of Rome.
And maybe 2-3 cities which I should definitely cover in Swiss.
Is Venice doable in a day from Rome?
We are a young couple and we can manage a bit of extensive travel or walking and we are willing to stretch ourselves a bit to cover the key places. Ofcourse at the same time, we don't want to waste all the time in trains/ buses etc. as well. Am really confused.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Call at +44-8081012150 to Know How to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 46?
- 2 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 6 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 14 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 15 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 16 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 17 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Current plan for March trip
- 20 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 21 Spain in 2018
- 22 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 First time in Spain
- 25 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria