This is my first and probably the last chance to visit a bit of europe. I have 9 days and here is what i am looking for:
-I have to fly out of boston US, so i guess 2 days will be wasted in flying.
-So i have 7 days left for site seeing, i want to see the beauty of italy and swiss.
-i have a 1 yr old in tow, so i cant do a very hectic holiday.
-certainly on a budget
-i am not looking for good food, wine, museums, relaxing atmospere etc. I like to see beautiful views and move on, so i dont want to spend more than 2 days in one place.
-i looked at SBB site and saw they have 2 days-1 night scenic train trips (glacier express etc) for only~ $300 including hotel. am i understanding it right? would you recommend it?
- i need to figure out which towns etc to visit. ideally i would love the amalfi coast and venice. is that possible to do with a 1 yr old and combine with swiss train trips?
-lake region in italy is nice but i want to see more. i can spend a day there prehaps. please suggest a combination of possible italy cities that i can cover in 7 days with the swiss train trips.
thanks a ton in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 2 http://supplementdigestdog.com/androforce-x10/
- 3 two days in Nice
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Visit to France
- 6 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 7 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 12 First time in Spain
- 13 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 14 Paris Apartment
- 15 New fast track
- 16 Packing Champagne
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 19 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 20 Once upon a time in Italy
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 23 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 24 1st time to Europe
- 25 london or amsterdam