We wanted to give you an update of our eight days in Le Marche this past summer (after a conference in Rome). We fell in love with the people, the towns and the natural beauty of this area. We spent time in Urbino and in Ascoli Piceno, and were both they beautiful and interesting and were also good bases so that we could take day trips and spend time at the lakes and the sea. This was followed by our European family road trip with our children a few weeks later (described in another post).
We are now starting to plan next summer's vacation and are looking to travel through the Abruzzo region (looks wonderful, especially after watching the Magnifica Italia episode on this area).
We have about two weeks and I am wondering if you can suggest places to base ourselves. We would rather not have to move hotels too many times so maybe three different places would be best.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation CONTACT HP PRINTER Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 7 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 8 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 13 Scotland ideas
- 14 land vs river cruise
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Trans Siberian Train
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 South of France
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 25 My France Vacation