Italy - 25th Anniversary Ideas??

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Vancouver Sherry

Italy - 25th Anniversary Ideas??

Hi all. Just saw this board and there are a lot of great ideas so we thought we would try it out... We are planning a 25th anniversary trip next May and have about 7-10 days for Italy. We are looking at Rome and Venice for history, culture and romantic places.. Any great ideas for a place to stay (150-200 US a night)and romantics trips. We will not have a car.

Thanks a lot!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Rex

They might be over your budget slightly, but I can recommend Albergo del Senato (Rome) and Hotel Bonvecchiati (Venice). I have personally stayed in both, and I have stayed in at least three other hotels in both cities.

Congratulations on your 25 years!

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Westerville, Ohio
(married in 1976)

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:41 AM
elaine

HI
Congratulations!
Don't wait to long to book hotels, or to at least inquire. Many popular small hotels book up to a year in advance.
As an addition to Rex's recommendations, I very much liked the Santa Chiara in Rome and the Flora in Venice.

I have files on those cities; if you'd like to see them, email me. You've picked two great places.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Lisa

Elaine,

I'm also planning on a fall trip to these 2 cities and would love to have you send me your files!

You may send to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Alice Twain

A firiend of mine from Rome has freinds that own a traditional trattoria that opened in 1938 and a B&B in a central area of Rome that might also fit your needs. check for it at www.sognoroma.it.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 02:10 PM
gaye

We just stayed at the Due Torri in Rome.(near Piazza Navona). It was 176E. The place is clean, quiet, and had a good breakfast. We loved the location and thought it had charm. We thought Florence was much more romantic than Venice. We stayed at a beautiful B&B. Florence was our favorite spot in Italy! The Accademia in Venice is a very nice quiet hotel with a lovely garden and canals views. Both of these places have websites. E-mail me if you want more info.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 05:30 PM

topping