We are planning to travel to Italy for 2 weeks in May'2013 with our 2 kids (5 Years & 14 months old). We will be flying in Venice and plan to fly-out from Rome based. Need some feedback/advice on the below itinerary:
VENICE – 3 NIGHTS
o Day 1 – Fly from NYC into Venice; hotel check-in; some sightseeing
o Day 2 – Venice Sightseeing
o Day 3 – Day trip to Verone OR Padua
FLORENCE – 3 NIGHTS
o Day 4 – Train from Venice to Florence (2 hours by Train)
o Day 5 – Florence Sightseeing - Uffizi Museum – make Advance Reservations
o Day 6 – Day trip to Pisa & Sienna
SORRENTO – 4 NIGHTS
o Day 7 – Train from Florence to Naples/Sorrento (3 hours by train); hotel check-
in; Sorrento Sightseeing
o Day 8- Day trip to Naples (Train from Sorrento to Naples is 45 mins)
o Day 9- Day trip to Pompiee OR Ostia Antica
o Day 10 – Day trip to Amalfi/Positano OR Capri
ROME – 4 NIGHTS
o Day 10 – Train to Rome (70 mins ); hotel check-in; some sightseeing
o Day 11 – Rome Sightseeing
o Day 12 – Rome Sightseeing
o Day 13 - A day trip to Orvieto OR to Tivoli Gardens and Hadrian's Villa
Day 14 – Fly back to JFK
All help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 2 10 Days in Austria
- 3 Valentine Day Gift for Girlfriend 2018
- 4 bodyweight reduce applications
- 5 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 Help with Venice Trip?
- 8 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 9 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 10 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 13 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Greece in end October
- 16 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 20 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 21 Favorite London memories
- 22 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste