My husband and I are in the process of planning our first trip to Italy (and Europe). We are thinking about going for 14 days (12 days including travel) in May or June 2016. We're in our late 20's and enjoy delicious food/history/arts. We love to immerse ourselves in the culture of the city we're visiting. We are traveling from Kansas City (Go Royals!)
In terms of what we'd like to see in Italy... we were thinking of the following:
- Fly into Rome
- Amalfi Coast OR Cinque Terre
- Florence (day trips to Siena and Tuscany)
- Fly out of Venice
We would love to squeeze in Modena to go to Osteria Franescana - although, I'm not sure we will be able to squeeze it in the time frame that we have. I was thinking we could potentially go before we go to Venice. Thoughts?
We are foodies and open to any restaurant suggestions you have!
Lastly - we're open to renting a car, but being first-timers, I feel that the train might be our safest bet (in terms of getting around).
Thank you so much for your help! Looking forward to your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 2 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 3 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 19 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 20 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 24 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 25 Transportation in Brittany