Italiatour hotels-rome, flo, ven

Nov 6th, 2002, 06:33 AM
deb

Italiatour hotels-rome, flo, ven

Anyone have experience with italiatour pkgs?
Romehotel choices are: Diana, Palatino, Regency and Quirinal.Going in end of March.

Nov 8th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Linda

Yes, I have experience with Italiatour but not your hotels. We went to Rome in March and stayed at the Villa Glori. We were very budget-minded and purposely chose the least expensive of the choices. Other than hotels, do you have any other questions?

Nov 8th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Mara

Linda - I am also looking into Italiatour, and Villa Glori is one of the choices in my price range, but it seems out of the way. I will be relying on public transportation - how was that location for traveling to the usual tourist places in the city? Was the hotel itself ok, and Italiatour? Thanks for your advice.

Nov 8th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Linda

Hi Mara. Villa Glori was out of the center of town but VERY close to transportation; the electric train to Piazza del Popolo was right around the corner. The train does a circuit through the neighborhood feeding into the metro station at the piazza.

Our first day we arrived at 4 in the afternoon but needed to stay awake a little bit longer after the long flight. We left the hotel and started walking and soon entered the piazza. What a sight! It was our first time in Rome and it was drizzly rain and it was beautiful!

I had no complaint with the hotel, it was clean and quiet. The neighborhood was lovely. We were out each morning by 8:00 and returned 12 hours later after stopping in shops (in the neighborhood) for pizza/wine/flowers/pastry/etc to bring back to the room.

No complaint with Italiatour either, grateful for the transfers to and from the airport--nothing to think about when tired! We skipped the city tour.

My only complaint was with the Alitalia flights. The food and wine were horrible--hard to believe, I'm sure. The crew, especially on the way home, flirted with single members of the opposite/maybe not aways opposite sex and ignored everyone else. They never turned on the light announcing our landing or went through the pre-landing drill. I'll avoid Alitalia in the future if I can but if they make it worth my while I can ignore them in order to get back there. I loved Rome!

Nov 8th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Mara

Thanks, Linda, for the comments. Too bad about Alitalia - they have the most direct flights from NYC. I'm still hoping the price of the flight will go down so I can make my own hotel arrangements. I'm looking forward to loving Rome as well - I was there once before but only for a couple of days.