Reload this Page >

Italian Tour Talk Advice

Search

Italian Tour Talk Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Kim

Italian Tour Talk Advice

Help! I've just decided to go to Italy this month. I'm on the phone with various travel agents. I've got one trip with Trafalgar Tours (Cost Saver) and another with Brendan Tours (more expensive) to do the traditional Rome, Venice, Florence gig. I'm a 34 year old teacher and never been to Europe. <BR>Who can speak to tour companies. I wanted to go with Insight Tours but they are sold out or cancelled. Help!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:38 AM
elaine

Hi Kim<BR>If you do a search here (at the top of the page) for Trafalgar, and then choose Italy, you will find some previous postings on their tours, pluses and minuses. One of the previous comments on Trafalgar in Italy is that some of the places they had people staying were outside of the cities.<BR><BR>You will also see that at the same time, Globus Tours got many positive comments.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:46 AM
jB

Kim,<BR><BR>I agree with the other poster - my sister went on a 9 day tour of Italy with Globus and had a great time. She was 34 when she went 2 years ago. And she went alone.<BR><BR>I don't know what your budget is (obviously) but if you are a foodie, don't expect 5 star food. My sister paid extra to go on some of the better excursions and for better food. <BR><BR>I hope this helps.<BR><BR>JB

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Kim

JB,<BR> Trafalgar's Cost Saver offers 2 dinners. THat's it. This cost saver is called THE ITALIAN DREAM. 2 of the 3 hotels are outside of the cities. Ok. But I'm just concerned that I will be adding on like crazy with this tour. I now know that Brendan is really Globus anyway. Trafalgar is 1899. for a week. Brendan is 2350 for a week. WHat to do!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 12:20 PM
elaine

<BR>Kim, is there some reason that you started another posting with the same question?<BR>Were you having trouble finding this one?<BR>here it is, topping for you

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 02:51 PM
kim

Actually, Elaine,as the day wore on, I got new information that suggested I reconsider going at all due to the heat and absence of natives, closings, etc.... Meanwhile, your advice was helpful in that I found out who was who in the touring business. I had to then pass that on to the so called travel agent experts! Remember, they had never discouraged this trip to begin with. I think that they should have advised I go another time! Thanks for your input.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Mike

Try Collette tours they are a very good. I have taken 3 tours with them .They stay in the heart of the cities and have 4-5 star hotels. They have a good mixed group and I am also 34 . A tour is a great way to get a good overview of Italy so you can go back on your own and know what to expect try www.collettvacations.com

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 03:39 PM
crab

Take a look at GoAHead Vacations at www.goaheadvacations.com We returned from a London, Paris and Rome vacation with GAH last May and had a wonderful time. I would travel with them again. The tour was well organized with plenty of free time to get lost on your own.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:39 PM
donna

Kim - I went on the Trafalgar, Italian Bellisimo Tour 4 years ago and it was terrific. I was with my family, but there were couples, singles, parents and kids of all ages. The tour covered Venice, Rome, Assisi, Capri, Sorrento, Florence. It was great. We went in July. I do hear that August is hot. I am going again in september, but not doing a tour this time.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:55 PM
kate

I am going to book with Perillo Tours.<BR>To see Florence, Rome and Venice. Has anyone taken a Perillo Tour?

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Rocky

Just got back on a Grand Circle Travel tour to Rome(with a 3 day pre-trip extension), Florence, Rapallo, Bolzano, and Venice. It was 1st class all the way and I'd highly recommend it. We spent a minimum of 3 days in each city and not always rushed like some other tours. Wonderful hotels with buffet breakfasts, 7 dinners, all transfers, a Program Director (Johnny) who stayed with us the whole tour and a wonderful resource. Best vacation of my life. Have a great trip. You can't go wrong in Italy.