Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Italian Sunglasses (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/italian-sunglasses-619030/)

lukistarno1 May 28th, 2006 05:41 AM

Italian Sunglasses

Hi

Does anyone know is it cheaper to buy sunglasses like Bulgari, Prada from Duty free here in Melbourne or in Rome amd if so where are the good shops ???

Thanks

bill_boy May 28th, 2006 05:49 AM

I don't know about Melbourne, but we've been buying our sunglasses in Rome for the last 10 years now as their latest styles take about a year or 2 before they hit our resident shores (in NYC and SF). Even then, it's still cheaper in Italy.

lukistarno1 May 29th, 2006 06:39 AM

Thank you for reply. I'm just basically trying to work out if its cheaper to buy duty free before l leave or from Rome. Any good shops in Rome for sunglasses .?

SeaUrchin Jul 2nd, 2010 10:01 PM

I buy some of mine at the store facing "The Spanish Steps", can't remember the name but it is right there. Less expensive than in LA, good quality and more of a choice.

kfusto Jul 3rd, 2010 07:37 AM

My favorite souvenir from Italy is a new pair of eyeglass frames. The selection and quality is excellent!

ThinGorjus Jul 3rd, 2010 09:03 AM

Don't any of you look at the posting dates for these threads???????

This thread is 4 years old.

Thin

SeaUrchin Jul 3rd, 2010 09:39 AM

That is funny, no I didn't notice. For some reason it was topped on my computer but I see I am the first responder in six years, odd.

sheri_lp Jul 3rd, 2010 09:48 AM

I like seeing the random resurrection of long-gone threads. And, we happened to buy sunglasses at a gas station in Tuscany. Still Italian, right? :)

kybourbon Jul 3rd, 2010 11:04 AM

SeaUrchin - You weren't the first responder. An advertiser was topping lots of old threads early this morning(many about sunglasses) and posting ads. I reported him this morning and he's been deleted along with his posts.

SeaUrchin Jul 3rd, 2010 11:06 AM

OH, thanks for telling me, I thought I was going nuts! Or my computer, better the computer!

lincasanova Jul 3rd, 2010 11:13 AM

there was an advertiser this morning resurrecting tons of stuff.

lincasanova Jul 3rd, 2010 11:14 AM

as you can see i didn't read kybourbon's post! Sorry!

rslapa Oct 18th, 2010 04:02 PM

does anyone know for good sunglasses web shop or ebay seller from italy? I will open my own web shop in my countrey and I need someone who have a lot of sunglases with good price.

Peter_S_Aus Oct 18th, 2010 04:32 PM

Interesting first post from rslapa ...

Could be he's the mystery thread-topper.

StCirq Oct 18th, 2010 06:23 PM

With the current exchange rate, I can't imagine designer sunglasses are a deal in Italy right now.

Try going to Ghana like on the Amazing Race and selling them for 3 whatever-the-Ghanaian-currency-is at a pop, rslapa.

Peter_S_Aus Oct 18th, 2010 06:49 PM

The currency of Ghana is the Cedi. One Cedi is worth about US 70 cents.

(I have no knowledge of Ghana, but some guy wants to deposit a million USD into my bank account if I give him my details. Or maybe he's a Nigerian, I'm not sure. I think I'll give it a whirl. Or not.)

rslapa Oct 19th, 2010 04:35 AM

what is thread-topper? I am realy bad in english sorry about that. I still don t get any usefull information.

kfusto Oct 19th, 2010 05:05 AM

" I still don t get any usefull information."

The get on bing or Google and start surfing.

Peter_S_Aus Oct 19th, 2010 01:50 PM

rslpa, better move on, son. The dogs are pissing on your swag.

fetamy Apr 6th, 2011 01:58 AM

If you want to browse online shops try Google UK search engine it will show you good collection of sites for sunglasses.