Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris - London, Jan 23 to Feb 3

Paris and London
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

I am all set with my reservations for flight to Paris, departing home on Jan 22. I will be taking the Eurostar to London on Jan 27 and returning to Paris on Eurostar on Jan 30.I have my Eurostar tickets, too. Departing for home from Paris on Feb. 3. Shuttle Inter will be doing my airport transportation, as always and will also be picking me up at Gare du Nord upon my Eurostar return on Jan 30.

I have been in touch with Paris friends and lining up some things to do. I will not be in Paris on a weekend, so need to make lunch reservations for both l'Obe and Bar Vendome for a weekday...they will be closed for their respective long closings when I next return.

Need to get Florent and Michael to Casse Noix and l'Os a Moelle. I know they will enjoy both!

Will be watching weather..as always....

a bientot....

Joan
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:28 AM

what is going on here? nobody wants to answer this poor young lady's post?
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:50 AM

No questions to be answered, just a brief update from OP.
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 03:37 PM

Dear Joan,

Hope you have a better flight this time. January should be a quieter time, we hope! Will you be staying in one of the London Perfect apartments? I looked at the website and really enjoyed seeing what is available there.

Lucky you to be able to dine at l'Obe again before they close. Please say hi to Frederic, Florent and Michael. F & M will enjoy dining at Stephane's. I can still taste that foie gras chaud (poele) we had there.

Enjoy your trip. Are Abby and Noelle still speaking to you?
Bonne Annee!!

bisous,
Lilia
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM

Oh my gosh, how wonderful! I'll bet you left a stash of clothing in Paris for this trip, didn't you?

Life has been so hectic with my dad's triple bypass over the holidays. I miss getting lost in your Paris trips and look forward to reading your updates. January in Paris beats any month in Jersey.

Abby and Noelle need to get a passport (or learn some French).

~Roberta
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Lilia,

I also hope my flights are better. I don't know that they could be worse!! Yes, will be staying in Fleurie this trip. A real favorite of mine. Noelle took about 10 days to fully acknowledge me, again.

Roberta, sorry to hear about the bypass needs for your father. Hopefully he is recovering rapidly. Wonderful what they can do today.
Yes, I did leave a duffle bag full of clothes. I am taking an empty large suitcase to bring it all home with me.

a bientot...

Joan
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM

Joan, how fun that you will be doing both Paris and London this trip! Happy travels to you!
Sue
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
what a great way to start the New Year!
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Have fun Grace. We're doing kind of a crazy day trip Paris to London in February. We're in Paris for a couple of weeks and decided to do some quickie day trips, so got a great deal on the Eurostar and will pop over to London. Oh, and yes we travel to both a fair amount, so not like this is a first time trip.

dave
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM

Sounds like a wonderful return trip! Isn't the Fleurie the apartment where we visited you at Thanksgiving 2010? It is so nice, and I remember seeing the Tower sparkle from your living room window that night.

Say "Hello" to Florent and Michel from Alabama!

Have another wonderful trip!

Byrd
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM

Uggghhhh - Joan, I don't think we'll get back to Paris until next Thanksgiving and I am deep into trip envy world. Every restaurant posting from here on in will have me drooling.

On the other hand, husband and I are thinking of relocating stateside to NC. So while you are otherwise occupied in Europe, just send NC housing tips my way whenever you can possibly be bored.

Best to you. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

AZ
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

AZ

What part of NC are you thinking of? I am in the beautiful part of western NC with our beautiful mountains. They actually protect us from the weather. Most of the weather comes from the NW and it hits the mountains and goes around. Even Hendersonville gets more of it and Charlotte gets nasty weather. Tennesee gets it, too.

a bientot..

Joan
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 09:58 AM

Hope you have a good journey this time, Joan. Sounds like you'll be very, very busy during this quick trip.

I'm guessing Abby and Noelle are the felines?

take care.
Pat.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 10:01 PM

I can't wait for your trip, Joan! Have a great flight.
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

I picked up my euros today. I will next notify cc companies that I will be taking and that will be taken care of. I did food shopping for Abby and Noelle to take on their 'Holiday"

I am watching weather..both for departing and for what it might be like while in Paris/London.

Shuttle-Inter is already taken care of for both arrival/departure and for meeting me upon my return from London on the Eurostar.

Dining reservations are not needed at the moment. Need to wait until I arrive for some. Have already been in touch with Frederic at l'Obe, so know when he will be on duty. I will make Bar Vendome after arrival, too. I will be going to Cafe Constant/Les Cocottes/Violon d'Ingres, Reed, Casse Noix, maybe l'os a Moelle and will see..not much time to do much!

a bientot....

Joan
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Which of the above do you think might be best?

Just had a personal message fom weekender that some friends of his had just finished dinner at Reed. Enjoyed both the meal and meeting Catherine. She told them that I was arriving next week...they don't even know me. Weekender had told them about it as we did enjoy our evening together there, too.

a bientot...

Joan
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM

Hi Joan! Glad to have found this thread. Looking forward to following along on your journey!
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Took cats this morning and have had a busy day! Leave mid afternoon tomorrow and arrive about 8:30onday morning. Lots of things going on when there....will be busy...

a biento..

Joan
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM

Bon voyage, Joan!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -