Italian Riveria- Places to stay between Cinque Terre and Genoa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:48 AM
mike

Italian Riveria- Places to stay between Cinque Terre and Genoa

Any suggestions?

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 10:07 AM
zouaggie

Deiva Marina or Moneglia are both great little towns. My experience in Deiva Marina at 3* Hotel Clelia was outstanding. Wonderful staff and location. <BR><BR>You can see pics and rates at the link below. That is how I found it and booked.<BR><BR>http://www.travel-italy.com/hotels/h...ra/clelia.html

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 11:20 AM
Wayne

I have stayed at, and thoroughly enjoyed, a nice family-owned hotel called Hotel Valentino on the coastal highway at the eastern edge of the little village of Lavagna, on the coast between Genoa and the CT. The owner is a really great guy, very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is immaculate. If you get an upstairs room facing the Mediterranean, you'll have a nice view. The town of Lavagna has a wonderful little pedestrian shopping area, a market area (market day on Thursdays, I think) and a very impressive cathedral on the hillside just at the edge of the pedestrian area. Furthermore, the cemetery behind the cathedral is the most impressive I have ever seen, with incredible marble statuary everywhere--and it's quite large. Overall, this place was for me the best among all the towns such as Moneglia and Deiva Marina.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 11:38 AM
ellen

Santa Margherita Ligure is a good-sized town between the two, right on the water. There are several hotels of varying cost and value and plenty of restaurants and shops.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:33 PM
Dayle

Hi Mike! We stayed in Santa Margherita Ligure as a base to hike the Cinque Terre and visit Portofino. Hotel Laurin had large rooms and is in a good location. We requested ocean view, so had a room with a huge private terrace facing the marina. Enjoyed taking the boat over to Portofino for a lazy day of shopping, sightseeing & a very long lunch with lots of wine! We thought SML itself was a wonderful town with a nice sea side piazza where of course all the local residents spend their late afternoons. We had dinner at La Cambusa & it was very good. Local train from SML to Riomaggiore took about an hour. We hiked to Camogli for lunch, continued on to Vernazza, pooped out and stopped for gellato then trained back from there.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 02:36 AM
Steve James

Hello Mike,<BR><BR>My favourite place en route is Camogli.