My fiancee and I are getting married in September and I am just starting to plan our dream italian honeymoon, but I don't know where to start!
We have around 4 weeks in Italy and would like to ideally make our way from south to north as we would like to pop into Munich to see my fiancee's extended family at the end (not included in the four weeks). My thinking was to fly into Rome and out of Munich.
I have had lots of suggestions from friends about where to go but I am interested in your suggestions of hidden gems that many tourists do not know about - we would like the holiday to focus on great food, stunning scenery and the beautiful culture.
We would like to visit
- Tuscany (would love to stay in a farm house or apartment and take some cooking classes and really experience the culture)
- Amalfi Coast
- cinque terre.
Could anyone suggest how best to see Italy in 4 weeks? Or any other areas that shouldn't be missed?
Also, is hiring a car the best option or would you recommend trains and other transport?
Any help is very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 2 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 3 Driving
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 My France Vacation
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 15 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 16 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 20 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 24 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour