Italian B&Bs or Boutique Hotels

Sep 25th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Italian B&Bs or Boutique Hotels

Hi. My husband and I are planning our first trip in June 2004 to Italy. We will be visiting Rome, Venice and Florence and were hoping for some advice on any clean B&B's or Boutique hotels. We do not like usually like chain hotels...

There's a catch: we want to spend around $100 and we do not want to share a bathroom. Has anyone stayed any where great for that price?

THANKS!
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:11 PM
rex

No personal experience to cite to you, but the website eurocheapo is said to give solid recommendatrions, and http://www.eurocheapo.com/rome has at least 5 places with B&B in their names.

Best wishes,

Rex
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:16 PM

I second eurocheapo.com and this site. Also Rick Steve's and Lonely planet guide books. Try Hotel Dali in Florence and to stay around a big city we found a fabulous farmhouse through www.tuscany.net for less than 90 euro per night! Don't think you can find as low as you want in Venice, and it's worth staying in Venice for a few nights (we stayed at www.hotelgalleria.it in a larger room). Ciao!
Sep 25th, 2003, 07:26 PM

try www.sleepinitaly.com they have many B&B's in all those cities. I have used them to both rent apartments and B&B's

Good luck & happy planning
Sep 26th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your responses so far.....

I am hoping for some personal experience at one of the places...

Can anyone help?
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:12 AM
ColleenA

Go to http://www.helloeurope.com and order Margo Classe's book "Hello Italy!" She lists hotels and B&B's in Italy that are €100 or less for a double with bath. She personally checks them all, and her reviews are quite detailed - best rooms, staff helpfulness, etc.

I've used her recommendations very satisfactorily in Rome, Florence, and Venice.