Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   It's FODOR'S OSCAR Sunday: I Nominate The Following Poster... (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/its-fodors-oscar-sunday-i-nominate-the-following-poster-404950/)

OaktownTraveler Feb 29th, 2004 08:47 AM

It's FODOR'S OSCAR Sunday: I Nominate The Following Poster...

It's Oscar Sunday at Fodor's (Yes, I say so...smile).

I nominate REX for Best Supporting Poster!
He helps many of us "keep our lines together".

Speach, speach, speach...

Your turn, nominate a poster for a Fodor's Oscar...

Happy Oscar Sunday,
Oaktown Traveler

OaktownTraveler Feb 29th, 2004 08:50 AM

I also nominate Maribel for Best Leading Poster....ROAR, CHEER, STOMP!

Maribel gets nominated for being easy to follow in travel...

ok, now your turn...

carrolldf Feb 29th, 2004 08:54 AM

I nominate Faithonholiday and Degas for most entertaining posters.

bobthenavigator Feb 29th, 2004 08:56 AM

I nominate Jim Tardio for best cinematography--check out his site at jimtardio.com

greytop13 Feb 29th, 2004 08:59 AM

I nominate Mr. Ben Haines as best supporting poster.

(I can also think of a couple of LEAST supporting posters, but let's not go down that road)

chardonnay Feb 29th, 2004 09:00 AM

I nominate Ira for the most patient poster on Praiano! (also informative)

I also liked OhBlondie and the older posts of Lucy and even older posts of Elvira for the most entertaining of leading ladies.

Xenos Feb 29th, 2004 09:00 AM

I nominate mkingdom for best animated feature because he helps to liven things up around here and often says things that I wish I had the nerve to say.

barbmike Feb 29th, 2004 09:00 AM

I second the nomination for REX as he is so thorough and sometimes humorous (or is that sarcasm?) in his replys. I also must include Ira and Elaine tied for second place !!! Mike

OaktownTraveler Feb 29th, 2004 09:09 AM

LOL!

Ok, my hubby nominates me for Best Producer, Mini Series Drama for: My 2.5 Month Trip Report To Spain and More...written in 8 parts...

He's got jokes today!

JulieVikmanis Feb 29th, 2004 10:03 AM

I nominate Patrick for best director. He managed to assemble an all-star cast at the Naples get together and even got us on the web-cam twice for viewing by our fellow fodorites. He's also a very reliable, well-traveled poster whose advice and information is invaluable.

Digital_Traveler Feb 29th, 2004 10:26 AM

I nominate St. Cirq for best actress and best visual fx, for her portrayal as an "older gentlemen former scientist"

subcon Feb 29th, 2004 10:57 AM

if we really want to do this right, we should have five nomeniees in each catagory:

my nominations are:

best actor: rex, ben haines, bob the navigator, ira and patrick.

best actress: maribel, st.cirq, btike...(add your other two)...

best comedy performance: degas, budman, maitaitom and, if you're contrary, m_kingdom (who amuses me greatly)....

as to supporting players, there are random choices....

milley_5 Feb 29th, 2004 11:49 AM

I'm with Xenos re m_kingdom's nomination. Her postings about the Grande Bretagne for me have been superb.

Milley

grantop Feb 29th, 2004 12:17 PM

Hmm, I wanted to nominate m_kingdom for the Windbag Award, or maybe the "I need to build a bridge and get over myself award"

bluestar Feb 29th, 2004 12:47 PM

It's going to be tough predicting the recipient of the POSEUR award (Poster Ostensibly Succeeding in Engaging [alt: Enraging] Unwary Rubes). Both m_kingdom and NYCFoodSnob have demonstrated excellence in this category.

And what is a "speach"?? Some variety of hybrid fruit??

angel_UK Feb 29th, 2004 01:13 PM

M_Kingdom and NYCFoodSnob are two different people??? =-O

tinarose Feb 29th, 2004 01:36 PM

I want to nominate NYCFoodsnob as the best animated freature since she is just a cartoon representation of a real person.
Faithonholiday has to be the winner for best screenplay adaptation of a real event to fiction.

Thonglori Feb 29th, 2004 01:51 PM

I have to nominate myself for BEST DRAMA with the "OH NO HAVE I OFFENDED A HOTEL" post. Best supporting actress in a drama is NYC FoodSnob. :-)

LaurenSKahn Feb 29th, 2004 02:11 PM

Garfield as Poster Answering Most Obscure Question Regarding Russia.

He told me where a laundromat was in Moscow!

artlover Feb 29th, 2004 02:46 PM

Another vote for Maribel, who gave me so many great tips for our Spain trip and whose advise seems to always be right-on!

But want to point out--it seems different people have different countries of expertise, so if we're really going ot be fair, we should have an Oscar for each country.