We have narrowed our 18 day summer vacation destinations to either Istria and northern Croatia or Calabria and Sicily.
We enjoy history, art, medieval hill towns and seaside villages with beautiful beaches.
For Croatia, we would fly into Venice and drive to the Istrian Peninsula, where we would stay in various villages, both by the sea and more inland, then drive through northern Croatia towards Zagreb.
For Calabria, we would fly into Naples, then drive down the Calabrian coast, stopping in some of the more beautiful seaside villages, then cross into Sicily, visiting Syracuse, Agrigento and Palermo.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 3 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 6 Driving
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 9 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 12 Poland--where else to go
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 5 days in Andalusia
- 15 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 16 South of France
- 17 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 20 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 21 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 22 Shall we Gdansk?
- 23 Help with Spain itinerary
- 24 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 25 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help