Please help with advice - we'll be in Istanbul Turkey for 9 days in January and attending a wedding! Staying with Turkish families, no need for hotel / restaurant / rental car / itinerary as we will go with the flow. We've been there before, so checking tourist spots is not on the agenda for this trip. Haven't been to Istanbul for 4-5 years, so here goes
A. What gifts are cool, desirable, and hard to get in Turkey to bring from the USA? Nothing bulky or heavy.
- Gifts for young men ages 20-30, their parents ~50's, and one grandmother ~70's.
- Gifts for the wife-to-be-who-we-have-not-met. Mid-late 20's, she is a doctor.
We've tried asking but they said "just come - bring yourselves", but that is not essentially too helpful
Here's my plan:
Young men = electronics? Polo Ralph Lauren clothes? Other brand? NFL? MLB? College logo?
Parents of Bride and Groom = Moms - jewelry, Dads = I'm stumped
Grandmother = reading glasses, clothes, ?
Bride and Groom = money. dollars. housewares??
B. Wedding advice? Land mines? What to wear/do at the wedding/reception? Colors to avoid? What do people typically give at weddings, besides money? Do they have registries there like here?
Thanks in advance for all your help! We can't wait to go back to Istanbul!!!!!!
PS will post trip report
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7vs
- 2 AVG @%I8oo:681:7208 installation renewal CONTACT AVG Tec*h sup[p0rt 24/7
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 5 Packing Champagne
- 6 Paris Apartment
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Which Area in London?
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Milan airport--which one
- 12 Trains - website?
- 13 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 14 two days in Nice
- 15 Visit to France
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 New fast track
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Itinerary Help, Please!!!