Istanbul restaurants with a view?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be in Istanbul next week and have planned to meet with some friends for dinner one night. Any advice on good, reasonably priced (a bit expensive is OK too) restaurants with a view? I've looked through some of the Istanbul restaurant threads but am either confused or can't find something specific. We're staying in the Macka area, they're at the W Hotel so if we can find something close, that's even better.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 09:34 PM

We went to Mia Mensa for dinner and I would highly recommend it. Good (italian) food, fantastic view - of the main bridge between asian and european side, bosphorous, boats, the asian side etc. Taxi from W to mia cost us about 10 lira.
I was also advised Mikla for its food and views, but could not find the time to go personally. Btw, okka (turkish restaurant on the terrace of W hotel is not bad - decent food, good cocktails and a pleasant terrace but no bosphorous views.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I second shwets for Mia Mensa.
Also read my review of Banyan Restaurant on Trip Advisor.

By the way, taxi prices have risen already due to fuel tax hikes, so do not feel paranoid if charged more than 10TL to Mia Mensa.

Better food than Banyan available at Ulus 29 and Sunset at Ulus, on hill with good view, but rather expensive.

Best fusion at Changa at Sabanci Museum at Emirgan, twice the distance, also on hill.
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 07:29 AM

There are a wide range of restaurants that you can go to with a view, Taksim offers 360 Istanbul, Nu Teras (this is nice but it is totally outside so you might need to bring a jacket), X is one I would also recommend greatly, this are all reasonably expensive also. I can second Otherchelebi on their thoughts of Ulus 29, its a beautiful night out but again very expensive but the view is fantastic.

Another restaurant in Taksim I would recommend is Eleos, its a Raki Balik (fish and raki) restaurant and is a great meal too with a nice view of where all the cruise ships come in. I'm sure there are plently more places, if none of these take your fancy just research as best you can or wait till you get here and im sure your hotel concierge can recommend somewhere as well.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the suggestions and I'll report back when I return. Of course, I'm going to try to stick to Turkish food but might get a yen for something more familiar at some point. Eleos, although Greek (not so different, really) looks lovely and not quite as expensive as the others. Who knows, we might end up someplace nobody ever mentions and find it delightful. I'll report back once I'm home...can't wait to return to Istanbul after 39 years!