We have a very brief visit to Istanbul in early October. We'll be staying in Sultanahmet on a Sunday and after an early breakfast, we'll have to leave at the latest by 11:30am (for a 2pm International Flight).
I was wondering how much we could/should realistically see on this schedule.
There are people saying we could squeeze in Blue Mosque (opens at 8:30am), Hagy Sophia and Basilica Cistern.
Is this really doable or will we be running the whole time? (I'd like to avoid having to run.)
Also ideally I'd like to leave some time for browsing for gifts. Many areas are closed on Sunday, but I know Arasta Bazaar is open. I'm also open to other areas to browse interesting stores.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 windstream 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24*7
- 2 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 3 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 4 Lyceum theatre London
- 5 Wierd Europe map
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 8 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 10 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 11 Transportation in Brittany
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 17 Milan airport--which one
- 18 Which Area in London?
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 family trip to Germany and more
Istanbul: how much can I realistically see in a few hours on a Sunday?!