Will be going to Istanbul in Nov. for a conference. Please can someone recommend how to go about with the taxi airport transfer as Mariott Asia is charging Euro 110/- which is quite steep. Is there a prepaid taxi service available at Ataturk Airport which can be taken on arrival?
Also, it would be help if someone can recommend a place of stay preferably 3-star hotel in the same area as Mariott Asia or any conveniently located hotel as I intend to extend my stay for 2 days and will be checking-out of Mariott Asia post the conference.
Lastly, what are the must sees & must eats in Istanbul? Would like to visit the palaces and souks and preferably go to see a belly dance. Can someone recommend a two day itinerary with the suggestions for local transport? Is it alright to take a taxi on the go? Is the food to be eaten in food-courts or elsewhere? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 2 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 Which Area in London?
- 8 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 9 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 16 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 17 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 19 Transportation in Brittany
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 Trains - website?
- 22 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 23 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 25 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel