Notices

Istanbul Attractions

Jan 31st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Istanbul Attractions

My friend and I (both male ages 19) have only 3 days to spend in Istanbul. We were hoping for a possible itinerary that would allow us to scratch the surface of the city. We realize its not enough time but its already been booked and it what we have to work with. Were both into history and historical sites. We want to hit all the major attractions but we were looking for some more advice. e.g. Agia Sophia, Blue Mosque, the Sultans Palace
Jan 31st, 2013, 11:41 AM

We like the Rick Steves book on Istanbul. You might want to check it out.
Jan 31st, 2013, 12:27 PM

Exactly what type of advice are you looking for? Agree with Michael that the Rick Steves book is a good one. This will cover costs, how to get anywhere, etc. Istanbul has a very good tram system that makes it extremely easy to get around the city. Read up a bit then come back with your questions. You didn't say when you're going.
Jan 31st, 2013, 12:32 PM

Click on my name to see my trip report on Istanbul. It outlines all the sites we saw in a 5 day first-time visit to Istanbul.

I would suggest starting with Sultanahmet and adjacent areas(Blue Mosque, Agia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern, Rustem Pasha mosque) and then move beyond that only to the extent you have time. Istanbul is vast and you can eat up a lot of time in transit.

Search this Thread