Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Istanbul airport to Inter Continental hotel (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/istanbul-airport-to-inter-continental-hotel-815187/)

epaulino Nov 21st, 2009 04:20 AM

Istanbul airport to Inter Continental hotel

Please advise us on transportation options from the IST to Intercontinental Hotel. Is a train or bus available? How much is a taxi?

Thanks in advance for your help

Curious Nov 21st, 2009 07:01 AM

What did your hotel tell you when you asked them this question?

Curious

one2travel Nov 21st, 2009 08:10 AM

You should ask your hotel especially as it is an Intercontinental.

If you have any questions about Turkey, I highly recommend the website:

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/

Tom is an expert on all things Turkish.

If you haven't been to Istanbul before, you are in for a treat. It is definitely one of my very favorite cities.

Good luck.
Deb

otherchelebi Nov 21st, 2009 08:16 AM

There is a Havas airport bus or shuttle to Taksim square which is a ten minute walk to ceylan Intercontinental.

The train/metro combinations may not be easy and unless you have just a carry-on, i would not bother.

the taxi will be TL35-50 depending on which of the three roads the driver takes you and the time of the day. The scenic coast road will be medium cost but recommended. The TEM route is the longest and most expensive. The E5 route is the shortest but quite congested most of the time.

Jeff801 Nov 21st, 2009 08:41 AM

DW and I love Istanbul and are planning our fourth trip to Turkey. Nonetheless, we have had several terrifying experiences with taxis there, particularly going to and from the airport. Even though she is frugal to a fault, DW has agreed that we will always use a car service to and from the airport.Let me know on this board if you need a recommendation.

Ceyla Nov 23rd, 2009 01:52 AM

Dear All,
You may kindly find the routes in both ways airport to Ceylan InterContinental below;

Ataturk Airport

*Transportation by airport cabs is approximately TL. 45.- Around 30-45 minutes (20 km / 12.43 miles)

*Havaş shuttle services are 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel and costs TL 10.- (suggested if you have portable luggage only).Shuttle service starts to operate at 04.00am in the early morning till 01.00am at midnight.

*The urban tramway operates from the airport to Aksaray, transfers to another tramway and heads to Kabataş and by funicular system reaches Taksim Square, which is only 2 minutes away from the hotel. (suggested if you have portable luggage)

Sabiha Gökçen Airport

*The 2nd international airport in Istanbul is on the Asian side, in Pendik / Kurtkoy and is 60 minutes distance (75 km / 46.6 miles) from the hotel. Away from heavy traffic and as close as to TEM, transportation is easy.

*Havaş shuttle services are in 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel and costs TL 12.- (suggested only if you have portable luggage). Shuttle service starts to operate at 04.00am in the early morning till 01.00am at midnight.

*Transportation by airport cabs is around 60 minutes and costs approximately TL 85.

I hope the above mentioned details will help you.

Regards,

Ceyla Korur
Guest Relations Manager
Ceylan InterContinental Istanbul.

Jeff801 Nov 23rd, 2009 07:52 AM

Epaulino,

I failed to mention that we have stayed at the Ceylan InterContinental Istanbul. It is a beautiful and immaculately maintained property. But, the guest services exceed any standard of service which I have ever experienced. The staff acts as if they simply cannot do enough for you. I have been at several of the hotels in the various top hotel lists and there is no place that exceeds the Ceylan's service.

You may be certain that the information and assistance you get from the concierge will be reliable and of the highest quality. On our first and later stays, we came to depend upon them for all our tourist and business needs.

epaulino Nov 26th, 2009 10:22 PM

Thank you ALL for your great contribution to our trip.

Curious, I hope your curiosity was fullfilled.