I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 2 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Champagne Tours
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 7 10 Days in Austria
- 8 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 9 Le Marche Research Help
- 10 Help with Venice Trip?
- 11 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 12 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 15 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 16 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 17 Greece in end October
- 18 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 Favorite London memories
- 24 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!