Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Isotretinoin (Accutane) sold OTC in France or Italy?

Jun 4th, 2002, 02:43 AM
zitty

I've been taking Accutane the past 2 months and so far it's working well but it's very expensive (costs about $15/day) and my insurance doesn't cover. I'm hoping that it might be sold without a prescription, and hence, cheaper, in Italy or France where I'll be visiting soon. Anybody know?

Jun 4th, 2002, 03:19 AM
try

I very much doubt it. Have you tried ordering your supply from a Canadian mail order pharmacy? There are several online. You must fax them a prescription from your US Dr. but the prices are fantastic. One of my husbands prescriptions costs $128.00 here and I get it for S75.00 by mail,from Canada, same drug same everything except the high cost.

Jun 4th, 2002, 03:38 AM
anon

what about Renova?

Jun 4th, 2002, 11:06 AM
xx

I know that you can get antibiotics over the counter in Italy (I bought some once). As for Accutane I don't know. As an aside, if you buy anything in Italy ask to see it before it's put in a bag. After it's in the bag you then go and pay for it, so if you don't check you could end up with something you didn't want.

Accutane not covered by your Insurance? My sympathies. Some companies require a letter from your doctor stating that you have acne before the insurer will pay out on these types of drugs. You may want to double check the status of their coverage.

Jun 4th, 2002, 02:54 PM
xxx

Given the serious and long-term side affects suffered by some users of Accutane, I sincerely hope that no-one is sold this over the counter in Europe. If you do get to buy it, zitty, please check that the formulation (strength) is the same as your prescription.

Jul 22nd, 2011, 12:05 AM

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Accutane) http://mynorthernshop.com/products/a...htm?id=kulakgm I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.