I am traveling to Scotland in July with my wife and two kids (aged 8 and 3.5 years). We are visiting the Isle of Arran where we are staying for about 3.5 days (July 20th-23rd). The question I have is whether this is enough or is it too much. We will be having a car while there and plan to drive around the island visiting the sites, going to the beach and on one of the days take the ferry to drive down the Mull of Kintyre. The other alternative is to stay 2.5 days on Arran (not do Kintyre) and stay a night in Loch Lomond or Glasgow before continuing onto Stirling and Edinburgh.
Thank you to all the members on this forum who have been immensely helpful before and appreciate all the inputs and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week May trip with kids
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 Self Drive UK tour
- 4 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 5 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 6 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 9 Airport Transfer
- 10 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 11 Rail vs. Plane
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 16 Where to See Flamenco
- 17 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 18 Arezzo - how much time?
- 19 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 20 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 21 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 22 New Years in France
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 25 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do