Is Tonic Hotel Louvre OK?

Jun 27th, 2001, 06:41 PM
judith

Is Tonic Hotel Louvre OK?

Just found what appears to be an incredible deal -- a family room w/two double beds at Tonic Hotel Louvre, which is on Rue Roule off the Rue Rivoli and at metro stops chatelet and louvre. Cost? Only 1000FF including breakfast. Hotel has A/C, minibar fridge, elevator and hydrotherapy massage/steam showers in the bathrooms. Anyone know about this place?

Jun 28th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Stephanie

personaly I don't like the hotel that much.but that is my oppinion.you can find the hotels complete presentation at www.parishotels.com(I got that tip in this forum).you choose the date you will be there,then the nuber of days you will be there,then you go to opera-louvre,then you go to the price which is 600-800 FRF.then the computer will show youw what hotels are in the price range then you click on your hotel then you get it's complete presentation.have fun!!steph

Jun 28th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Sue

Stephanie- what didn't you like about the tonic louvre? i'm researching hotels fro a friend of mine and that name came up but it isn't listed at www.anamericaninparis.com

Jun 28th, 2001, 01:30 PM
judith

Stephanie, you mention the hotel opera louvre in your post not the tonic hotel louvre. Are they possibly different hotels? Like the previous poster, if it is Tonic Hotel Louvre that you don't like, more specifics would be very helpful for us out here in need-a-hotel land. Thanks so much.

Jun 30th, 2001, 08:59 PM
YS

I stayed at the Tonic Hotel Louvre and liked it just fine. It was clean, and the room was of a moderate size. Nice bathroom with jets in the tub. Great location - 5 minutes to the Chalet station, close to Louvre.

You can also check out La Tour Notre Dame hotel in Latin Quarter 1 block from Cluny metro station is similarly priced, but room is smaller.

Jul 1st, 2001, 01:49 PM
judith

Thanks Yuri! The location and price were what attracted me. It's awfully hard to find something for a family of four. Now, one more question: Was the breakfast any good? The website says it's included in the room rate. Thanks again

Jul 1st, 2001, 03:35 PM
YS

The breakfast is included and was not much different that in other Paris hotel I've stayed. You get the choise of breds and pastry, ham, cheese, yogurt, gam, coffe, tea, a couple of juses to choose from - stuff like that.
One other advantage of the hotel is that it is on a side street, which does not get the gedree of noice rue de Revoli does. It is, however is very close to it.
There's also a Amenian (I think) restaurant just next door from the hotel. I haven't tried it though.