Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is there such thing as an apartment rental in London or Paris for 8 people for $200 per night?

Is there such thing as an apartment rental in London or Paris for 8 people for $200 per night?

Mar 12th, 2002, 02:32 PM
travelmom

It seems we'd need two suites at the aparthotels (Citadines, Home Plazza Suites,etc), and it would be about $200 for each suite...$400 total. We'd like to sleep 8 total (4 adults 4 kids) in one large apartment for around $200/night.

Sorry if this double posts...I'm having problems posting at all.

Mar 12th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Nancy

Check out RentParis.com I rented a studio last May and the two guys that run the company are great. Don't know if they have an apartment this large but it's worth checking out. You can always e-mail them to see if they can help.

Mar 12th, 2002, 05:46 PM
c

Barclays rents flats in London and Paris, you might try them,I have no idea what their prices are.I used them for Italy and they were quite reasonable.www.barclayweb.com

Mar 13th, 2002, 04:55 AM
topper

ttt

Mar 13th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Betty

Short answer, probably not. I don't know if the same is true in London, but in Paris, space is an expensive commodity. I've checked some of the apartment rental sites and even the 2-bedroom ones are often more expensive than that. 3 or 4 bedroom apartments are rare and much beyond your budget. You best bet could be to find 2 smaller apartments near each other. You might be able to find a 1-bedroom that could sleep 4 using a living room sleeper sofa for around $600-$700 per week. Assuming you are staying at least a week and could divide your group equally (2 adults and 2 children per apartment), you might be able to find 2 such apartments in the same area, maybe even the same building. Be aware, though, that these apartments can be rather cramped for 4 people, even if 2 are children (check for square footage or square metres). But with 2 apartments you would at least have 2 bathrooms and 2 kitchens. Here is a website that provides links to a lot of apartment rental agencies in Paris. http://www.france-apartment.com/
You might also want to consider a house rental in the suburbs where you could get into town fairly quickly using trains or RER. I think that is about the only way you could find a place that would accommodate all 8 of you under one roof for anything like the price you are suggesting. Good luck.

Mar 13th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Christina

I don't think that's possible in Paris. I've never seen an apt that cheap. Also, apts that sleep 8 are extremely rare to begin with. Even 5-6 is stretching it. I'm not sure I've ever seen one that sleeps 8, actually. You want accommodations for about $25 per person--that's the price of a hostel, not a hotel or apt. The cheapest Paris apt rental agencies I know are www.locaflat.com and www.yourhomeinparis.com (PSR), because both have some modest rentals in the outer arrondisements which are cheaper. There are tons of them, though, so you might find some cheaper ones. If you go through a private party, you might find something cheaper, but not an agency. There are some private rentals on www.vacationspot.com or something like like (?). Also, PSR and Locaflat have a few in some buildings where they have more than one apt, I think, as someone suggested.

Mar 13th, 2002, 11:01 AM
elvira

You need, minimum, two bedrooms for the adults...if the kids are over 12, you'll need another bedroom (you can pack 4 little kids onto a living room floor; bigger kids need some privacy) and at least two bathrooms. Most apartments of this size are "luxury" apartments, and will cost you $3000 a week or more. I found a site a while ago (never used the company, though) that offers larger apartments for cheaper rates:
http://www.vacationinparis.com/index.htm

Apr 10th, 2002, 03:21 PM
heather

Hello-
Sounds like a fun trip! I'd check out Luxurylink.com for accommodations that will fit a large group. I've seen villas and such up for auction for under $2000 and they have slept 8-12 people. Plus, these places are all "luxury" stays at incredibly reduced prices...so it might be worth spending a little extra if you can splurge a bit.

Good luck!
Heather