Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

is there a train station at frankfurt airport terminal 2?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2000, 08:12 PM
mast

Hi! <BR>we plan to take a train to Deidesheim once we arrive Frankfurt airport. <BR>We will be arriving at Terminal 2. Is there atrain station there or must we take other transport to go to the train station? <BR>also, if we are a german reil pass holders, must we still need to go to the counter to book seats? <BR> <BR>thanks and regards, <BR> <BR>mast

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 02:22 AM
Dave

No, unfortunately the train station is opposite terminal 1. Either take the people-mover to the T1 and follow the sings (a lot of walking), or, much better, take the bus-shuttle outside of T2 that will take you to the train station (well, close to it, you'll need to take an elevator and then walk the last 200 yards). I imagine that you need to go to the counters to book a seat, but booking a seat for the same day is not possible (too late, as the seats are assigned whenever a trains starts its journey).

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Richard

Has the airport/train station in Frankfurt changed that much? We were last there in May of 1999, and the station was on a lower level. I looked at the Frankfurt Flughafen website, but couldn't find a map. We will arrive again in May of 2001, with our bikes, and appreciate any help finding our way from International Arrivals (from US) to the train departures. After a long flight from DFW, we will be facing a long train ride to Husum.

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 01:50 PM
Cheryl

Everyone, I'm flying into Frankfurt on Thursday. I understand that US arrivals do arrive in Term1 and trains are outside Term2. Will let you all know where to go. <BR> <BR>Cheryl

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 05:01 PM
Russ

Here's a page for the train stations from the airport's website. click on the link within the text for a map. <BR> <BR>www.frankfurt-airport.de/en/special/station.html