Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is there a place to leave luggage while touring Pompeii?

Jul 6th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Heather

I tried searching for this question here and in guidebooks, but couldn't find an answer. Working on an itinerary for a friend's honeymoon, I was wondering if anyone knew whether there is somewhere secure to leave luggage for train travelers who want to see Pompeii on the way from the Amalfi Coast to Naples.

Jul 6th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Thyra

I don't know if this will help you given your route, but we took a train to Pompeii Scavi from Naples and we were able to lock our bags up at the station in Naples, it was convenient and inexpensive.

There is no baggage check, as far as I know at the train station near Pompeii Scavi, which is really no moer then a platform for getting on and off the train.

Jul 6th, 2001, 09:31 AM
Melinda

We locked ours up at the Naples station with no problem, too. There was a small check area at Pompeii Scavi, but I'm not sure how secure it would be for all your bags.

Jul 6th, 2001, 09:53 AM
Heather

Thank you for the quick replies! I'm hoping to go myself next June, so I will keep these notes to refer to.

Jul 6th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Walter

(Nov99) At the Pompeii site there is a small unsecured room for luggage. It's to the right of the ticket *collecting* not sales booth. Someone could walk away with a bag very easily but 2 or more bags secured together at the handles with a bicycle cable lock or a small linked chain (dog collar?) and lock would attract alot of attention. Especially from the police sub-station right there. HTH Regards, Walter