Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Is there a nice travel Community? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/is-there-a-nice-travel-community-722117/)

PetraHolzBC Jul 19th, 2007 04:46 AM

Is there a nice travel Community?

Hi
Travel is my passion and i'm looking for a nice Community where i can share my experience.
I found http://community.urlaubswerk.de (it's in german) and i like it. But do you know any further pages?
best regards
Petra

Padraig Jul 19th, 2007 04:48 AM

We're not all nice here. Some of us are.

quokka Jul 19th, 2007 06:19 AM

Most of us are sometimes nice and sometimes not nice, depending on the circumstances and the quality of the questions.

PalenQ Jul 19th, 2007 06:23 AM

Since this is your first ever Fodor post you obviously haven't investigated this forum, which to me is EXACTLY what you are looking for.

As nice as any though opinions often vary and sometimes spill over into animosities but you'll have that anywhere - and the Fodor oligarchs can have impatience with the same old questions - but to share experiences, no one can argue with that.

But Fodorites seems as nice as any so hang around and start pontificating - give it a go

You have found what you're looking for and don't know it!

Welcome Aboard.

sheila Jul 31st, 2007 12:15 PM

Email me, and I'll point you at at least one more

suze Jul 31st, 2007 02:35 PM

Here at Fodor's
Various location forums at Trip Advisor

kathcoll Jul 31st, 2007 03:16 PM

try www.virtualtourist.com

gracie04 Jul 31st, 2007 05:21 PM

Fodors,travelerstogo.com, slowtrav.com, and virtualtourist.com are my favorites.

Have fun

Johanna

cigalechanta Jul 31st, 2007 05:29 PM

Favorites include travelerstogo,
slowtrav,
lonelyplanet,
for Paris, destinatinparis,bonjourparis

Margaretlb Jul 31st, 2007 06:37 PM

IMHO, the most cordial and informative message board is www.slowtalk.com. In several years of lurking, reading and posting I have never seen a snide comment.Many on that board adhere to a slowtravel style - apartment stays and longer visits. But, even though that's not my style of travel, I find the travel friendship and travel expertise wonderful.

eliza3 Aug 1st, 2007 09:49 AM

Ditto the previous comment - slowtalk is the message board of slowtrav and unfailingly polite and helpful. This board has a lot of traffic but is perhaps not as 'nice'.

littlebigshot Aug 1st, 2007 07:37 PM

My advice is stick with Fodor's and Frommers and tripadvisor, but forget about Lonely Planet: it's full of pimply adolescent smart-alecs with so much time on their hands they have to use it up by posting snotty snickering replies on the Thorn Tree.

Pegontheroad Aug 1st, 2007 09:04 PM

I've never accessed any other travel forums...just Fodors.

I especially enjoy reading well-written trip reports and I post fairly frequently.

Periodically we will have a squabble wherein posters insult each other's countries and scoff at each other's ideas. That kind of thing can be very tiresome. But posters are very good about answering queries and helping with plans.

L84SKY Aug 1st, 2007 09:06 PM

Only if you have a message board of one.

suze Aug 2nd, 2007 07:16 AM

Frommer's is slooooow. Try it out. You will get 1 reply there for every 50 you'd get with the same question posted here.

Lonely Planet is a great website forum. It is very lively with hundreds of thousand participants from all around the world.

janisj Aug 2nd, 2007 07:27 AM

my guess is Petra has found her nice community somewhere else since she hasn't been back to Fodors :)

nanabee Aug 2nd, 2007 07:33 AM

saving

Aduchamp1 Aug 2nd, 2007 07:51 AM

There should be wit and an honest exchnage of ideas. However, ad hominem attacks are never acceptable.

By a nice community, I assume it means that you type with your pinky sticking out.

Travel should be exciting, interesting, and stimulating and so should be the accompanying conversations.