Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is the Versailles Fountain show incl in Museum Pass?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone..Just a little confused with the Paris Museum pass which we plan on purchasing for our trip. Will the pass include the Versailles Grandes Eaux musicales in April or is it just valid for the palace, gardens and Marie Antoinette's estate? If it's not included - will my only choice be to line up for that specific ticket when we get to Versailles? Or can we purchase just the fountain show tickets in advance? There doesn't seem to be an advanced purchase option in the Versailles website! Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
No, your Paris Museum pass will not admit you to the gardens if the water/music is playing on that day. My wife and I visited there just last Saturday. After viewing the palace, we had to queue-up and purchase another admission at 8 euros each in order to get in to the gardens (even though our pass supposedly included the gardens). I don't know if you can purchase this in advance. If you wish to take it all in, I would recommend arriving early in order to avoid long queues.
By the way, although it was pleasant to have music in the background, we didn't feel that the fountain show and music justified the additional 16 euros cost.
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Great, thank you so much Dave! Now deciding whether we should still do that...
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 12:36 AM

Dear Dave_Ohio & Cokes,

Thank you for asking this question and answering. I myself is planning to go to Versailles in Oct. May i ask, if you know, if i buy the Paris Museum Pass, and go to Versailles on a Friday (7th Oct)... with not musicals, can i access the gardens using the pass, or still have to pay another fee?

Many thanks in advance
Georgia
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I can't say for sure. However, I believe that the pass will cover everything IF they do not have some special program or event taking place in the gardens.

Versailles is spectacular! Have a great time!