I am going to visit Rome between May 30th and June 2nd and thought about seeing the Sistine Chapel (just it, I don't think the Vatican Museums might interest me). The thing is: a friend who's been there told me that in Summer the room is packed, that you have to bend the neck and look at the ceiling in an uncomfortable position, and - the worst of all! - the room is poorly lit (to preserve the paintings). Is it worth seeing such a painting in a ceiling, even if it has been painted by Michelangelo and is considered an icon? I'd rather spend my money in the Uffizi Palace, where it has several paintings I'd love to see in person.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Once upon a time in Italy
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 9 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 22 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 23 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 24 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga