Is the Pendini in florence lousy?

Apr 30th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Roberta

Is the Pendini in florence lousy?

Going to Florence in June; 2 years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Paris, an excellent experience...I wanted to try something different...I had picked the Pendini because it looked ok on the website and it's family run...pls suggest alternates or Pendini experiences.??
thanks!!

Apr 30th, 2001, 12:41 PM
s.fowler

Try a search for "Pendini" -- there have been some posts earlier with mixed reports.

Apr 30th, 2001, 05:52 PM
Stefanie

Hi Roberta,
We stayed at the Pendini in November and would not recommend it. Though cheap and very well located, we had to switch rooms twice due to noise, and a broken window. the room we ended up in was still a nightmare, mosquitoes everywhere and I got bitten up every single night all over my face in my sleep. Service was efficient though and reliable. Water pressure was a problem--either burn yourself or freeze in the shower. I will pay more and stay somewhere else next time.

Apr 30th, 2001, 06:46 PM
annie

Hello Roberta--
Stayed at the Pendini last month. I might return, based on the price, location, and generally good experience. Our stay started our rocky, but was fine in the end. Our first room was jinxed. Some electronic box near the ceiling kept going off, but no one on staff could identify what the box was or why it was ringing. Very odd.
Like Stefanie, we had insect issues, too. Ants. We complained about the ants, and they immediately moved us to a larger room with a better view.
In addition to the unidentified noises and the insects, our first room was VERY small (and I'm not usually picky about size). But, we were very happy with our second one, and were there for 3 nights. We were next to the breakfast room, but, as we saw it, by the time we heard the staff preparing breakfast, it was time to wake up! Decent shower, charming furniture, helpful staff. Enjoy your return to Florence.

Apr 30th, 2001, 08:38 PM
leslie

Hi Roberta -

I stayed at the Pendini in Florence last Sept. because of the great location & right price, but I have also been to the Hotel Paris and you really can't compare the 2. We also complained about our tiny room, but were told the hotel was fully booked and nothing could be done about moving. The rooms on the other side of the hall were huge - and the woman at the front desk even confirmed they were the same rate (I wish she would have lied to me). I too got munched on by mosquitoes, and our bathroom was a bit grotty. Overall we weren't really in the room that much, but I don't think I would recommend it.

Apr 30th, 2001, 10:59 PM
Beverly

We stayed at the Pendini 2 years ago. Not bad, but also not good. We wanted to stay 2 more nights but they didn't have a room available, so sent us to their other Hotel Ritz. We had a beautiful room overlooking the Arno River. The price was a little more, but well worth it. We have booked rooms there again in a couple of days.

May 1st, 2001, 09:13 AM
Roberta

Thank you all so much for the input...I've had the Pendini reservaiton for months so now I guess I'll strugle to find an alternate! I have a 2 year old baby, so I'm certainly NOT interested in ants or mosquito bites or broken windows...I'm so glad I asked. Thank you, thank you. I will be back in July from Sicily, Amalfi coast, Florence and Liguria...any questions, write me [email protected] . Arrivederci.

May 1st, 2001, 10:24 AM
Marj

A nice moderately priced hotel is the Casci. There are many commend about it on this board if you do a search. In general it's immaculate, family run (very friendly helpful poeple), in a great location. Rooms are basic with no fancy views. Breakfast is very nice.

May 1st, 2001, 10:49 AM
kam

Try also the Calzaiuoli--great location. Hotel Casci recommended above can be found at [email protected] It's located at 13, Via Cavour.