Husband and I will spending a few days in Salzburg before heading to Vienna for several days as part of a 25th anniversary trip coming up in early May. We are going to rent a car for our last day or two in Salzburg because my hubby likes to just get out and "discover" off the beaten path locales. Now we are debating keeping the car, instead of taking the train, to drive on to Vienna(and turn it in as soon as we arrive)but wondering how "scenic" the drive is and if anyone can suggest any stops along the way that might be fun or if we should take a route other than the standard one that google maps shows.
We are mid-50's and are excited by beautiful mountains, quaint villages, unique architecture, good food, history, art, etc.
Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 4 Barcelona to Malaga
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 7 Current plan for March trip
- 8 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 9 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 10 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 11 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 12 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 13 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 14 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 15 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 16 beware of robbed in Milan
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 21 Once upon a time in Italy
- 22 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 23 GTG Paris December 2017
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 Christmas day lunch in prague