Is Sept 26 too late to visit Santorini?

Aug 27th, 2000, 04:24 PM
Patsy

Is Sept 26 too late to visit Santorini?

Am I going to late in the year? I'm afraid that if this is past tourist season, everything will be closed up??

Aug 27th, 2000, 04:34 PM
m.harper

Santorini will be great in Sept. We visited there mid Oct two years ago and loved it. No crowds; but, everything was open. The beaches were a little breezy for laying out in Oct but, outdoor dining was wonderful.

Sep 2nd, 2000, 03:45 PM
rob

We were wondering the same thing, but as late as late November early December. Do you know if the weather changes drastically? We're not looking to lay out at the beaches, but want good enough weather to hike and dine outside.

Sep 3rd, 2000, 08:38 AM
Martina

Patsy - not at all!!!

The situation on Santorini is similar to Paros, so you are welcome to have a look at my Website and the weather-table under "Paros/Weather" - plus loads more travel info for Greece!

http://www.paros-online.com

Sep 4th, 2000, 11:18 AM
hmh

Hi--we were in Santorini the first week of November in '97 and the weather was fine--not hot as in high summer--but pleasant. The shops were open--most of them, anyway, and we enjoyed our visit there. Jacket or sweater would be a good idea--easy to take off when the sun shines. It was foggy the day we were there, in the early AM.

Sep 5th, 2000, 08:20 AM
Larry

Hi Patsy:

My wife and I stayerd for 4 nights (Sept 28-Oct 3) a couple of years ago and found the weather to be fantastic. We had 5 days of mid 70's weather w/o a cloud in the sky. Got to spend quiet days on the beach w/o the tourist crowds. All the shops seemed to be still open. Hotel prices even drop on Oct 1

I think this is the best time of the year to visit that great island.

Have a ball.

Larry

Sep 8th, 2000, 06:45 PM
Ellen

Just wanted to say THANKS to Patsy for asking this question and thanks to everyone else for the replies. I am also going to Santorini on 26 Sept. and was wondering the same thing!