We are travelling in France & Italy this summer, staying primarily in houses and apartments rather than hotels. I'm almost done with our France reservations, but I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle by booking our first apartment in Paris with a Sunday checkout day. I didn't realize that almost all properties in Provence have a Saturday changeover day. Luckily, I have been able to find a few with Sunday changeover days, so disaster was averted. I'm down to booking my last location in France and thinking of doing a hotel so I can kind of reset our changeover day, by staying 6 nights instead of 7.
I know Italy is a large country with lots of properties with varying changeover days, but will I largely find that Saturday is the changeover day? A quick check of some apartment renting websites make it seem that Saturday is the day, but I thought some of you would know if that's largely the case.
We'll be in Italy for 4 weeks, driving in from France and flying out of Rome. We are thinking of staying in the Tuscan countryside and maybe the Amalfi coast. I'm sorry I haven't done more research to give you more specific locations, I've been completely immersed in my France planning thus far. We'll also spend some short periods in Venice, Rome and Florence, but I'm hoping that, as with Paris, the rentals there are more flexible, or I'll be very happy to stay in hotels in the cities. This trip is more about the countryside for us, so that's where we'll spend the bulk of our time.
Thanks for your help! If I had asked this question about France I would have saved myself a lot of trouble!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ROADRUNNER 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ROADRUNNER Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 DELL PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT DELL Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 4 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 5 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 6 Advise Needed
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 land vs river cruise
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 13 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 14 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 15 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 16 Scotland ideas
- 17 Tips for first trip to UK
- 18 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 19 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 20 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 21 The World's Greatest Churches
- 22 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 23 Malaga Christmas lights
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Paris November 2017