Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is L'Affriole Restaurant in Paris really small?

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Patti Suttle

I thought I had finally made a decision on our first nights dinner (only one I will plan ahead) in Paris'Affriole. I have heard great things about it, its in the 7th where we are staying and near the Eiffel Tour-want to go there after dinner to see it lit up. We are a group of 10 (I really don't know if we will ALL be going but just in case....) and I now hear its too small for us. ??? Would that be true?
Thank you for any information!
Patti

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Kathy

Hi Patti,
My Zagat's guide describes it as "a cozy atmosphere", but that doesn't necessarily mean it can't accomodate a group of 10.

Why not phone & ask? The number I have listed for them is: 01 44 18 31 33. If so, you can probably reserve during the phone conversation; if not, on to "Plan B".
Good Luck,
Kathy

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 03:13 PM
Maribel

Patti,
We dined at L'Affriole in March and it didn't seem all that tiny (certainly not compared to the very petite L'Petit Troquet nearby. I didn't notice how many tables, as we were sitting in the back room, which has 3 tile-topped tables in front of a long banquette that accomodates 3 (maybe 4 ? couples), there was an alcove in front of us with a large table filled with locals, then the front room had the same configuration of tile-topped tables placed in front of banquettes, but I don't remember how many. It wasn't tiny, but I would say just the usual small family bistro size. We secured reservations 4 days in advance when we dropped by the restaurant one late afternoon.
I hope you enjoy it. We spent 2 1/2 very enjoyable hrs. dining there. The food is superb!

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 03:56 PM
Patti Suttle

Maribel-actually, it was YOUR report on it that I keep reading and it sounds so good that made my mind up to go there for our first dinner in Paris!! But, my hotel said it would be too small to accommodate our group.
I don't know if all 10 of us are going to go to the same place or not but I feel at least 6 of us will. Should I wait until I get there or maybe as Kathy said I will call.
I am being picky because we only have 3/12 days there (only 4 dinners!!) and I love good food want a great first impression!
Patti

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 04:07 PM
JOdy

We too want to go to L'Affriole, do they have an email or any reservation service , like "reserve the Best" , where one can make reservations without telephoning?

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Maribel

To all,
It seemed that the alcove table I mentioned might (?) seat a party of 10, but then my memory may be faulty due to too much Bordeaux!
I can't find them on any web reservation service, such as reservethebest.com, but I did find a fax: 01-44-18-91-12 Why don't you try a fax? They're closed Sat. lunch and Sun.
Good luck!

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 12:37 AM
Patti Suttle

Maribel-thank you! We leave on the 21st and can't wait! I hope to do a trip report when I get back-on Ireland, London and Paris.
Patti

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 09:50 AM
Me

Hi Patti,

We had dinner there 2 weeks ago. While we were there, a group of 8 came in and sat at a large round table in the alcove area. Don't know if the round would work for 10, but there is certainly room in that space to put a long table in for 10. I'd say just call in advance and tell them your group size. The staff there were all very helpful and friendly. I don't think you'll have a problem if you call ahead.

Jody - Although I made the reservations in French, we heard several phone calls being taken in English, and one of the hosts and one of the waiters spoke very good English, so telephoning isn't a problem.

Oh - and the food was fabulous!!

Hope you all have a great meal - I'm jealous already!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:24 AM
Patti Suttle

Thanks everyone! I am just going to have to bit the bullet and call or fax since it really does sound that it will be more difficult with a group of 10-or even 8. I am just concerned for the first night-we'll just wing it after that-check into places during the day and make reservations.
Again, thanks for taking the time to give me so much information. I will be sure to post a trip report when we get back-even though we leave in less than 2 weeks I feel like I'm in slow motion-like the day will NEVER get here-been planning this for 101/2 months!
Patti