The reason why I am asking this is based on my experience.
In 2007, I did a Paris-Venice trip. I spent the last week of June in Paris and the first week of July in Venice. The week in Paris was scorching hot, while the week in Venice was pleasently warm.
In 2008, I did a Campania-Sicily trip. The same situation happened. That very last week of June in Naples and Amalfi was Hell, while the first week of July in Sicily was OK. Even the B&B owner in Naples told that I should've waited until July to visit the area while the weather adjusted.
I traveled to Madrid last year during the first week of July. I thought the weather was OK, although I talked to a few people that said that June had actually been intolerably hot.
I am traveling to Lecce-Ischia-Rome this month, and now I am fearing the same. I'll spend the last two weeks of June in Lecce-Ischia, and the first days of July in Rome.
Only 2010, seemed to be the opposite. I visited Lisbon-Trieste, and Trieste was warmer in July than Lisbon in June. However, I'd read that Lisbon usually enjoys nice weather because of its geographical position.
I often read how June is less warm than July, but, in my experience, it has been the opposite. Has it been a coincidence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER I8OO:57O:I233 INSTALLATION CONTACT HP Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 4 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Trans Siberian Train
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Scotland ideas
- 13 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 17 South of France
- 18 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 19 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 20 My France Vacation
- 21 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria