Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is it unusually hot in Rome and Tuscany these days?

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 05:15 PM
deepa

Leaving tomorrow night for Rome and Tuscany (finally!). Been hearing that there is a heat wave going on there. Is that true? Also, we have booked a villa near Seina for the first week of Septemeber which has neither air-conditioning nor fans. Is it going to be uncomfortable? I am scared about sleeping with windows open on reading about robberies etc. and also since our apartment is on the ground floor. Thanks

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 05:31 PM
Book Chick

In Fahrenheit, temps have been up to highs in the low to mid 80's & lows in the mid to lower 60's in both locales.
BC

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:19 AM
ellen

check www.weather.com or the weather at cnn.com before you leave. It'll give you a general idea of what kind of weather to expect. (But of course we all know about the reliability of weather forecasting!)

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:42 AM
beenthere

Just returned a couple of weeks ago. Stayed in Tuscany in a villa. It was very hot during the day but not high humidity so cooled down in evenings. In fact, take a couple of light sweaters. We had no air or fans and were fine. We slept with windows open but were on 2nd floor with only access by ladder! People on ground/1st floors had bars on some of their windows and if there were no bars, they were told NOT to sleep or leave the place with windows open.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 08:03 AM
Dawn

Talked with my FIL last night and its very hot. He's in Forte dei Marmi/Viareggio.