I've always enjoyed road trips as a kid, which is why my husband and I have decided to rent a car in Germany for a week. We were heavily discouraged on driving during winter. Are the roads in the area we are going dangerous? Are there lots of turns and possibility of snow during this time of the year?
If this area is not ideal, is there another area in Germany where driving could be safer?
We appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 2 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 3 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 19 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 20 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 24 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 25 Transportation in Brittany
Is it safe to drive the German Alpine road- 3rd week of November?