I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 2 Paris Apartment
- 3 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Which Area in London?
- 6 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 12 family trip to Germany and more
- 13 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 14 Trains - website?
- 15 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 1st time to Europe
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?