Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Delta 30 day Skyclub honored at FCO or at CDG?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The skyclub materials are unclear. I would think they would be able to know which major airports are honoring this short term membership. We will be going through these 2 airports multiple times within 30 days, with long layovers, so it seems worthwhile- unless they won't be honored. Still working to get an answer, but any experience based responses would be welcome.

Otherwise I'm going to have to eat a lot of cookies at JFK to justify the 90 bucks (Just kidding- no need to chastise me on the wisdom of that plan)
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:13 AM

Both airports are listed on the Delta Skyclub locations page.
I mcan't see why they wouldn't accept it...
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 05:57 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You need to ask this on Flyertalk. I've seen threads where people weren't allowed into international clubs. There are reports of people getting in some lounges and not others.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...thread-13.html

If you click 30 day pass on the list on Delta's website, Rome doesn't show up as one of the lounges.

http://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSky...cations.action
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 06:05 AM

Neither FCO nor CDG (nor any other European airport location) has a "Delta Sky Club." On the locations map on the Delta site, they are all shown as "Partner Club" locations.

From the Delta site: "The 30-day membership grants access to all Delta Sky Clubs , and Alaska Board Rooms, as well as select Air France and KLM lounges with the use of the temporary membership card. If purchasing online, this temporary membership card printout will not grant access to partner lounges, only to Delta Sky Club locations. Partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location. (At partner lounges, guest access is subject to the policies of each lounge partner. Delta Sky Club cannot guarantee guest entry at partner lounge locations.)"

I know that the KLM lounge I went into in AMS a few months ago said they did not honor the Delta Sky Club 1-Day pass. So, I probably wouldn't count on access at other partner lounge locations.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 06:30 AM

Using the helpful link from kybourbon, it seems that the 30-Day membership does give access at both FCO and CDG.

Hope so, but Delta's statement about not guaranteeing access to partner clubs still makes me a little wary.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
>>>Using the helpful link from kybourbon, it seems that the 30-Day membership does give access at both FCO and CDG.<<

When I click the 30 day membership box, FCO is not listed at all. All the lounges at FCO are listed as Alitalia and the 30 membership doesn't mention Alitalia.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 02:52 PM

You're right, kybourbon. When you filter for the 30-Day membership, it looks like only CDG is listed. I must have done something wrong before.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM

Don't think they will work. Do you have Delta Medallion status? I know we have been given Air. france and Allitalia club access because of Medallion status.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

I finally found a really help Delta Skymiles person who did some digging, since we all know what the language on Delta says about the partner lounges. According to him, CDG should be fine, but FCO is probably not going to let us in.

Thanks all! I haven't looked at flyer talk before.

It will be worth it because we have a long wait in Newark and 2 layovers at CDG.