My husband an I are planning a 3 months stay in, maybe Bologna.
We are a middle age couple that do like bars and restaurants, we like to walk an travel.
We do not drive so we need good public transportation.
We want to live like locals... We did this experience in Palermo, in Lyon and in Montreal. All 3 wonderful experiences!!
I am a little afraid that as Bologna has almost half of it's population of students it turns out a little difficult, as you become a "grandma" everywhere. Is it true? I had this feeling in Montpellier and it is not very nice .
Thoughts ? Sugestions of other towns??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 7 family trip to Germany and more
- 8 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 9 Trains - website?
- 10 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 11 Paris Apartment
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach