Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going to be in Siena Oct. 7 thru 11?

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 04:42 PM
Stephen

Hi, anyone going to be there during this time as we are?

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 05:48 AM
Duck

Yes. My wife and I - and another couple - will be arriving by auto in Siena on Friday, October 8th. After a quick tour of Tuscany, we will be departing Sunday, October 10th for Positano. It is all our first time to this part of Italy - we are seeing Venice, Florence, Tuscany, Amalfi coast and Rome in 14 days. How about yourself?

Philip

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 05:24 PM
Stephen

Philip, I tried to e-mail you but the above address would not go thru. Can you give a better address or did I just screw up? Anyhow, we are going to be in
Italy Oct 1-17 and in Siena 7-11, using Siena as home base for trips to Florence, San G., Pisa and Lucca. Venice preceeds and Rome follows. I am curious about who might have intersecting plans and common travel interests. I have talked to some interesting people thru this site and would be willing to discuss above thru mail if you are interested. Mail OK to above, Stephen

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 08:23 AM
Duck

Sorry for the delay,I have been out of town on business trip. We are staying - I think - at Piccolo Hotel Oliveta. Originally made reservations at Hotel Antica Torre. However, I could get no feedback from postings and we will have a rental car. Oliveta has parking and is right outside the old city. Some of the restaurants we have heard about are: Le Logge, Al Marsili, and Enoteca Italiana. We enjoy good wines (reds). On Saturday night, we are splurging and will be eating at La Chiusa in Montefellonico. It is very expensive BUT apparently very good. Both couples are from Texas, own our own businesses and love to travel. We are old guys - 50s. Any ideas.....

Philip

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 01:31 PM
M & J

Hello Stephen---we wish we were back in Sienna---you will enjoy its quiet winding streets. We drove the Amalfi Coast---breath taking views and hairpin corners. However--do not drive it at night---it was a nightmare.