Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is anyone currently renting from Parisian Flats apt, has, or is going to?

Old May 8th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

After a few other threads I started, I wanted to just separate for a moment to ask if anyone is currently in Paris renting from Parisian Flats, or has in the past or is scheduled to. http://www.parisianflat.com/

In particular I am interested in those who are staying in, have stayed or will stay in their L'Eperon or Laromiquiere apartments as these are the ones I am most interested in.

While I am in Paris this August at another apt, I will be meeting with Philippe from Parisian Flats to see these for a possible stay next year in June for 2-3 wks, perhaps a month.

Anyway, was just curious about any and all experiences with Parisian Flats; recent, past and future and if there is any experience with either of the above mentioned apartments.
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

topping
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:43 AM

There is one positive reference to that company in the large Paris Apartment thread

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ent-thread.cfm

And this one from Slow Trav

http://www.slowtrav.com/france/vr/review.asp?n=2971
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:26 AM

We're renting the Laromiguierre apartment at the end of May/early June for a week. Philippe and Sophie have been very easy to deal with in making arrangements. I'll post something when there to report on the apartment.
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:05 AM

I almost rented an apt. on rue Laromiguerre at one time, although I don't think it was that particular place. That is a great location, I really like that street. It is very quiet, in fact, I think it may be pedestrian-only although I might be remembering wrong.
Old May 8th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all!

Artsbabe: I would love it when you post your experience of the apt! Be sure to take some photos of it and let me know if yours match their website pics!

Christina: thanks for letting me know you like that street!

Any one else have thoughts??
Old May 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Artsbabe:

What led you to choose the Laromiquiere? As we are also interested in L'Eperon, I am just curious on how you came to a decision on the Parisian Flat collection as all of them look quite stunning.

I am sure A/C might have something to do with it! But let me know if you just looked at Laromiquiere or were contemplating between a few of their apts.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

topping
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:48 AM

tripgirl,

If you click on my screen name, you'll see a thread that I started last fall to get advice on a couple of apartments in Paris. I did A LOT of searching on line with lots of different agencies for an apartment in the 5th or 6th. I actually found Laromiguierre through another Web site, as you'll see. So, I didn't look at other apartments by Parisian flats.
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Artsbabe,

Many thanks.

So what was your ultimate criteria for an apt and how did you decide that Laromiquiere was THE one. Your tastes run similar to mine, so I hope you don't me asking you all these questions!!

Thanks a mil...
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:03 PM

Don't mind at all! We wanted to stay in the 5th or 6th. Then, we wanted two comfortable sofas or one sofa and several chairs or one long sofa in the living room with reading lights. This ruled out lots and lots and lots of places that just had one love seat in the living room. Then, we wanted an apartment that was bright. We also wanted a place with cable modem or WiFi. We also prefer comfort over spindly antiques and prefer more modern lines to floral stuff with lots of fabric and brocade and fussy pillows.

That said, it is always a bit of a leap of faith when renting an apartment. We had very good luck in Rome and Venice, so we're now big fans of renting apartments.
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

artsbabe:

You def have the same tastes as me! I will be watching what you rent from now on!

We are modern people too, although I like French classic as long as it is not too fussy.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Laromiquiere apt when you arrive there. What are the dates of your trip?

One last question: I'm sure at this point you had an opp to look at the entire Parisian Flat collection online. What are your thoughts about the L'Eperon?

My only concern about the Laromiquiere is that we prob will come in June and although that might not require A/C, the apt lists A/C only in the living room, not the bedroom. The L'Eperon has it throughout.

In looking at them both, I love the bathroom and kitchen better in Laromiquiere than the L'eperon, but the bedroom in L'Eperon at least from the pics looks bigger.

It seems like there is a balcony at the Laromiquiere although there are no pics to indicate that except under the first pic there is a description about a wrap around walk in balcony. Thoughts? What might you know?

Also we are more used to staying closer to the Seine in Paris, but the neighborhood that Laromiquiere is in , (although I haven't spent a ton of time in it), might be more "neighborhoody" than where L'Eperon is? Thoughts?

Anyway, you have been most gracious in responding to my zillion questions and thank you so very much for your time!!
Old May 10th, 2011, 05:28 AM

We'll be there the end of this month. All I know is that there is apparently a balcony. We haven't been in Paris for almost 20 years, so I can't comment on the relative merits of the neighborhoods. You might start a new thread asking that specific question of the Fodorites.
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:31 AM

If I were going to have an apt with AC in only one room, I would definitely want it to be the bedroom, not the living room. The problem when it is really hot is in sleeping, for me, and that's why you need it in the bedroom. I am usually gone most of the rest of the time, anyway, not spending a lot of time just sitting around the living room.

It is possible if the unit were big/strong enough that the bedroom would cool down some anyway as they are connected, more or less, but the apt. is fairly large, so I wouldn't count on that. I think you can see the unit towards the top of the ceiling in the LR between the French doors, it's the kind that have in some hotels I've been in. It's kind of funny they went to the trouble to AC the LR but not the bedroom for a nice unit like that.
Old May 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM

We used Paris Perfect and were thrilled with the apartment and the service they offered. They had many choices and they provided the car to pick us up at the airport for a reasonable price, Good Luck.