Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is $510 a good round trip flight price from Miami to CDG (Paris)?

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:29 AM
doug

Is $510 a good round trip flight price from Miami to CDG (Paris)?<BR>it is on air france and on a direct flight

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:35 AM
xxxx

I'd take it!!!!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Book Chick

Yes, it's a good fare.<BR><BR>Bon Voyage,<BR>BC

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 07:35 AM
dena

Hi Doug,<BR><BR>It depends on when you are going. And does that include the taxes, etc.? I live in Miami and flown on Air France and paid less than that for spring travel. I've also paid more for travel in the summer, so as I said, it depends on your travel dates. In the past, the prices have dropped in January for spring, but if you are going in the fall, the fair is okay. I have seen some travel packages though, that look better. I'd be happy to give you any more info, if needed. Have a great trip!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 09:26 AM
SA

It depends on when you want to go. Many of the airlines have just sent out discounted 'group' fares which means individual cuts are usually not far behind. We typically go to Europe every winter & have never spent over $350/ roundtrip. I am still waiting, be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 08:27 AM
Ira

If you are going in december, TISS.com has a flite on AF for $440.<BR>Expedia.com has the same flt for $540.<BR><BR>

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 09:04 AM
lbb

I will be flying from Orlando to Paris in March for 299 round trip. With taxes that it adds up to 385.00. Like all of the other posters it depends on when you are traveling.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 10:28 AM
1+1

Let's see... The trip is a good 4 to 5000 miles each way and you are paying about 5 cents a mile and the airline needs to make about 15 cents a mile to break even. Hmmm. Yep. Just as I thought, this is NOT a good price. As you can see the airline could not maintain its planes, pay its employees, and eek-out an ounce of profit at that fare. So I wouldn't buy it since it couldn't be safe and/or the airline will qickly be out of business and you may be stranded.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 11:13 AM
2+2

1+1, <BR><BR>People like Doug and I want to improve ourselves by seeing the world and the people in it. <BR><BR>Speaking for myself I have to travel on a tight budget. Even driving a 1997 Car, not having even basic cable, and watching what I spend I still have to watch my money when I travel but I believe it is important for me to experience things that I can't in my own country. <BR><BR>We are lucky enough that enough business travelers and those with the money to spend are willing to pay the higher prices. <BR><BR>True the airlines are having problems and all of us hate to see that but I can either contribute my $510 or nothing at all. It is a lot harder to pay for those flights with only 50 people on board paying over 1000.00 a trip than with a flight with those 50 paying a thousand plus another 200 paying 510 a trip. The airlines offer the good fares to fill the seats that they can't fill with full fare passengers. Better a cheap fare than no fare at all.......

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 03:42 PM
xxx

I'd say $510 is pretty good for nowadays. Not too many bargains out there although Lufthansa's offering a special fare-companion flies free. But this is for a limited time only. I believe it's for purchase up to end of October(?). And travel is up to end of the year or Jan. 2003. Not sure.