Is 11 nights in Brittany too much ?

Old May 21st, 2022, 03:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is 11 nights in Brittany too much ?

Hi !

We (2 adults and 10 ans 14 years old kids) will be in France for 5 weeks in july-august. After 7 nights in Paris, 5 in Normandy and before one week in Dordogne/Auvergne We have make reservations for 11 nights in Brittany. We would have 4 nights in Dinan, 5 in Quimper and 2 in Vannes. We want to make daytrip from each of those places.

Is it too much time for that region ? We love to take our time, enjoy a glass of wine/beer/drink in late afternoon before heading to a restaurant.
Old May 21st, 2022, 04:11 AM

I thought you had already settled on this? What are you worried about?

As a lover of Brittany, and recently returned from there I would say 11 nights is great. You have chosen three places spread out enough that you can see lots of different things without too much trouble.

There are great beaches, stacks of prehistory, mythology, fascinating towns and villages, places for boat trips, for bike rides, proper castles and forts and monuments, stunning scenery, hills, forests, heaths, islands to explore. Pretty much everything except a snow capped mountain!
Old May 25th, 2022, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hetismij2 View Post
I thought you had already settled on this? What are you worried about?
Yes it's settled, but France have so much to offer that's it's easy to have second thoughts about any place in that country. Brittany seems nice, but after reading a lot I just wonder if there's enough to do/see for almost 2 weeks. For someone who live in France or go there often I guess that the answer is yes but for us ?
Old May 25th, 2022, 08:48 AM

There is no one right answer to this question. For those who like slow travel, there is a ton of terrific things to do and see in Brittany. Have you heard about Les Enclos Parroisial? They are an architectural gem unique to Brittany. You could go from village to village for days.
Old May 25th, 2022, 08:53 AM

Remember the more areas you try to see the more time is lost in getting to them. Motorway driving is no fun and expensive. France is a big country - you can't see all of it.
See it as a little downtime maybe, or if you are unhappy take a few days from it and move them to somewhere else. It is your trip.